Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

on my phone lately...

It feels like I blinked and November was over.  I have really been trying to get caught up on several unfinished projects as I sink into the holiday season.  I love everything about Christmas.  The lights and decorations that go up the day after Thanksgiving.  The fact that people seem to smile more.  The fact that I get to shop and then hide presents for those I love.  {I just found a present I bought for Luke's stocking last year the other day.  So I even get to hide presents from myself :) }  And, last but not least, I love the true reason for Christmas.  That Jesus Christ, our Savior, was born in a manger.  We are hoping that we are balancing the material with the spiritual during this season, but it is sometimes hard to tell with elementary school kids.

One of my projects this December is to update this neglected corner of the world.  So I thought I would get started by posting some pictures from my phone.  It truly represents our life lately...

Our church had a family outing for families with special needs children at the barn that Grace learned to walk.  It was so fun to go back four years later.  I've linked to a post that I wrote a year after she learned to walk and it was such a gift for me to be able to go back and remember what I was feeling those days.


Our business, Formula II Skin Care Cream has some new mascots!  The boys love to pose their animals, take pictures and then make them talk using the My Talking Pet App.  So fun.  F2 also makes great stocking stuffer gifts...

Our small group went to a UofD football game in November it was so fun being back at my old school with my whole family.  We tailgated before the game and it was just like being back in college again.  Actually, it wasn't anything like being in college.  We had more kids than adults, we all brought food, there was very little alcohol and wonder of all wonders, I actually went into the game to watch it and not just use the bathroom. 


Our church is expanding it's seating because of growth, so our pastor had a service where we could write scripture, songs and psalms on the concrete before the carpet was laid.  It was an awesome night of worship and these words were written where I was sitting.  This is possibly my favorite hymm of all time and never fails to make me cry.


I had the absolute privilege and honor to speak at our local MOPS group in November.  My talk was about intentional parenting and you can read some of the notes here.  I love teaching and presenting so it was a thrill to be able to speak with these moms.  


The boys are both playing basketball this year.  It is their first time and they are having fun.  It is putting a stress on our family schedule that I am struggling with, but they enjoy it and at least it is indoors.



We went to West Virginia for our annual Thanksgiving trip.  This year we stayed in a hotel with a pool, which the boys loved.  The boys forgot to pack their toothbrushes so we went to Tar$get to get them some.  We ended up spending $120 on clothes, including these snazzy pjs, socks, hat and gloves.  When we got back to the room, Luke immediately put his new duds on and asked me to take a picture and send it to all his aunts.  That boy is too much!



And there you have it, our November.  I'm hoping that you are all doing well and enjoying this Christmas season.  More to come on our family soon.

Photobucket

No comments: