Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy Birthday, My Love...


 
Today is my amazing husband's birthday.  It is hard to believe that he is 48 today, since I am still 25 and that is just weird how much older he is than me (ha!ha!).  Mark is truly my treasure here on earth.  He is a strong man of God, the leader of our family, encourager, has a strength of integrity that is rarely seen these days, is solely committed to me and our family, exemplifies kindness and treating others the way you want to be treated, is a great role model for our boys and an amazing father.  I always tell him how thankful I am that God gave me to him as his help mate.  We have walked a path much different from the one we dreamed of during our dating / planning our life together days and he has never waivered, never faltered when God's plan for our family did not match up to our plans.  I love him and am so grateful for everything he does for our family.  He is the bestest (as Luke says)!!

My sweet husband has to work this evening, so we decided to go out to breakfast to celebrate his birthday.  We got Grace on her van for school and then took John and Luke out to a local restaurant for breakfast.  We all decided it was a great way to start the day. 

Then we came home and the boys helped Mark opened presents.  



Then they made silly faces :)



Before posing for a 'real' picture for mom




Grace with daddy before school




We also had cupcakes to celebrate daddy's birthday.  And at our house everyone gets a candle to blow out (thus the cupcakes verses a real cake, all that spit freaks me out!).



So fun!!!



Happy Birthday sweetie!  I love you more today then when we met :)


2 comments:

Gardenia said...

Happy birthday to your hubby. what an awesome hubby and dad he is! Yes, flower cut her hair two different times, at the bangs and on one side. so we have had to get it fixed twice ! hope you are having a great summer. the formula II cream is working well!

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday!!

I love the picture of the two of you together...what cuties!!