Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

happy birthday luke...


Our sweet and loving middle child turned ten (10!) on New Years Day.  As always, it's so FUN to celebrate the dawn of a new year and celebrate this child.

Luke has grown and changed a lot this year and we have seen evidence of the man that he will become.  He has grown into a really fun kid and shed all his little boy tendencies (much to my dismay).  One thing that he has outgrown is his obsession with Spiderman and I have to say I miss seeing him dressed in his Spiderman costume all year round.  Not all of the experiences have been good this year and Luke has had to grow through some challenges that we weren't prepared for but through it all, he remains my peace loving middle child.

We went out to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings on New Years Day with my whole family.  It was so fun to see everyone, but I think next year we are going to pick a quieter restaurant.  He had a star wars cake because he is obsessed with star wars.


I got all the cousins off their devices long enough to take a picture with the birthday boy. 

Luke wanted a friend birthday party because he had never had one.  Which made us feel terrible, but it's true.  Boy parties are hard in the dead of winter and I'm not super creative so it is always hard for me to plan parties, so since he never pushed for one we never threw him one.

But this year, he asked for a party with all his friends from school.  We found one of those indoor play places that does everything and booked a party for the day after his birthday.  Almost all his school friends and a few other friends made it.  Luke loved it!!  He had so much fun and was so appreciative that we gave him a party.  I wasn't able to get many pictures during the party because the boys were all over the place but fun was had by all.



He woke up the day after his party and said, 'so what are we doing today for my birthday?'.  I just laughed and said it's over until next year...

Happy Birthday Luke, we love you more than you will ever know!

Photobucket

No comments: