Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

celebrating {again}...

Happy Birthday John!!!


Our sweet, compassionate, kind and sometimes silly oldest child turned ten {10} over the weekend.  He was super excited for his birthday and we were super excited to celebrate with him.

He asked for (and got) a new iPod touch.  We haven't spoken to him since he got it.  I'm kidding.  Sort of.  We went to the apple store at the mall on the premise that something was wrong with my phone.  When we got there, I arranged for one of the guys to walk up to him and say 'Happy Birthday, John' and hand him the iPod.  It was so funny to see his face.  I wish I had taken a picture but I had all three kids with me and was sort of disorganized.  But anyway, he loved it.  He kept saying I can't believe you tricked me like that.

When I asked him to hold up ten fingers to show me how old he was, this is the face he made.  It is similar to the face he made when presented with the iPod at the store.  


We went out to lunch at his favorite Mexican Restaurant after church on Sunday.  He ate so much that he couldn't eat the free birthday ice cream they brought him.  Then we made cupcakes to bring to school on Monday.  Since we had to make sure they were okay to give to his friends, I got a picture of him blowing out the candle.


Since I'm all about celebrating birthdays, everyone gets a candle in their cupcake.  The kids love it and I make them wait to blow out the candle so I can get a picture.  Here is a sweet friend visiting us from Hong Kong, she thought it was a hoot that she got a birthday candle too.


We had a great time celebrating John's birthday.  I'm so happy to be his mom and I love watching him grow and develop into the man God has created him to be.  One of my favorite verses that I pray over both my boys is from Micah 6:8, I like the New King James version the best.

He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?


Happy Birthday John!  Mom and Dad love you more than you will ever know.



Photobucket

No comments: