Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 31, 2012

christmas 2012 and happy new year

I have been meaning to post about our Christmas all week but the week totally got away from me.  So here I am at the last minute, trying to sneak in my Christmas post before the year runs out.

We had such a great Christmas this year.  We give our kids three presents each for Christmas.  This is loosely tied to Jesus receiving three gifts from the Wise Men but it is also rooted in the fact that all three of our kid's birthdays fall in the six weeks after Christmas.  Let me tell you, there is a lot of pressure inherent in the three gift rule.  And we have had some major flops in past years.  But, this year we got it right.

 Both John and Luke LOVED their presents from us.  It also helps that we have generous families and the kids get presents from aunts & uncles and grandparents.  Plus, I always overstuff the stockings with fun stuff.  This year both boys got 'big ticket item' presents from us.  John got a (new to him) iPod touch and Luke got a (new to him) DSi.  I really struggled with both of these because I feel like they are too focused on electronics and playing video games.  But we have pretty strict rules in place about how much time and when they can play.  So I'm hoping we have gotten the balance right, but only time will tell.

Here are some pictures from our celebration.  They include the requisite hanging the stockings pictures, some from Christmas morning and a family picture from dinner with my family on the 23rd.




 






I'm hoping to post a year in review via my favorite pictures but I'm not sure that will happen.  We are getting ready to host some good friends for a relaxing New Year's Eve and then tomorrow Luke turns 7.  Which is always a great way to start off a year.

Happy New Year to you and your family.  I pray that God blesses you beyond your imagination in 2013!


Photobucket

No comments: