Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 4, 2011

deck the halls

Our Christmas Tree is up and decorated!  I just love our tree.  It is a 12 foot artificial that we bought four years ago when we moved into this house.  I used to think fake trees were tacky.  We always, always had a real tree growing up.  In fact, my parents still go to the same Christmas tree farm that they took us to as kids.  However, we now have a two story family room and so we decided to go artificial.  I'm so glad we did.  It sure looks is easy to put up and there is no mess.


I'm not loving our star on the top of the tree.  But John said, all Christmas trees have to have a star on top so we are using an old tree topper from when we bough 6 foot trees.  I'm hoping to find a much larger star with lights for the top.

Here are the annual hanging the first ornament pictures.



I'm going to spare you and not post the ones of them wrestling or fighting or crying during the ornament hanging.  I'm sure you can picture those happy memories in your minds...


My parents neighbor bought Grace an angel ornament from Guatemala when she first came home.  I just love it!  This year, the ornament is even more special because Mrs. C went home to be with the Lord this summer.

We always have Grace hang this ornament.  Which really means that one of us holds the ornament and forces Grace to stand by the tree while we hang it up.  This year, sister helped a little bit more than last year.  But one was enough.  After that picture she split.


I'm pretty much done decorating the rest of the house.  I can't decide what to do with our new mantle (picture of our before and after fireplace re-do coming this week).  I'm trying to 'shop' my existing stock of Christmas stuff but I may be forced to go buy some new decorations for our mantle.  I know, I know, the things I do for my family...

Up next, Christmas cards, Christmas present shopping, holiday baking and more.  And the kids are asking when we are having our gingerbread house contest.  So much fun to look forward to!  I love this time of year.

How about you?  Are you finished decorating your house?  Buying presents?  Baking?  Did you send out your cards yet?
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anna said...

Beautiful photos Anne...love your large tree:)
And love the new blog look too!

It is a great time of year isn't it though I'm feeling like I'm not that organised but it will all happen:) Our tree is up, house decorated, a lot of presents bought or at least decided upon but no cards sent at all:0

Take care,
Anna

noreen said...

Hi Anee,

I love the new look of your blog!