Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 1, 2010

our week in review

Last week was one of those very busy week's that flies by and before you know it it is Thursday but you think it is Wednesday and are confused all day long (please tell me that happens to you too).  Anyway, we ended October with a bunch of fun so I thought I would put it in a review post...

John's soccer season ended this past Saturday.  He had a great time playing soccer this year and his skills improved so much from the start to the end of the season.  His team lost almost all of their games, but they had fun.  And almost too cool to ignore, his name ended up in the local paper twice.  Which was really fun because he is a beginning reader so he was able to read about himself in the paper.  It was so cute to see his face!!  Here are some end of season soccer pictures.

half time strategy session

 action shot of my boy {so focused!}

 austin with grace
grace just loves austin, he is the 15 year old son of a 
great friend of mine and grace developed a bond 
with him during t-ball season.  we just love austin!!



I was making some purees for Grace, since she is still will not eat solid foods and I took off the lid of the blender to stir the lumps.  Well, the spoon got stuck and food splattered EVERYWHERE.  Even on the ceiling.  It was quite funny, until I had to start cleaning up.  The next day, Mark got out the ladder to clean up the ceiling and Grace decided to try and climb up to help out.



Thankfully, I was able to clean the ceiling up without taking off the paint :)  And Grace realized that she was not skilled enough to climb the ladder and untangled herself while I stood back and took pictures.

Grace normally sleeps on the van on the way home, but some days she is too hungry or too hyper to sleep.  This usually means that she doesn't get a nap which results in some messed up sleep patterns for her for the rest of the week.   Which means that this mama usually has some sleepless nights as she LOUDLY plays in her crib for hours.  Two friends who have experienced the noise Grace makes before she falls asleep have suggested sound proofing our basement and moving her room down there.  On Thursday Grace came home from school without a nap on the van and ate her snack as per usual.  She usually plays in the playroom while I get John a snack after school and then we all play together.  But this time, this is what I found when I looked for Grace:


poor thing was so tired, she climbed up on the couch and fell asleep


While Grace was sleeping and before we left to go to a friend's house for dinner, I took these pictures of the boys. 
john


luke 

I thought it would be fun to take a picture of their shadow.  My idea is to make shadow portraits to hang in my bedroom.  But I am the Queen of Unfinished Craft Projects, so I may never get any farther than this.  Still I think they are cool pictures.  Here are the outtakes from that "photo shoot".

this is what I got when I said I want to take a picture of your shadow



Boys are so much fun!  And really keep me laughing...

No comments: