Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 15, 2010

My other loves

I must confess. I never really liked Valentine's Day. It always seemed like such a contrived holiday by the card companies to make unhappy single women more unhappy at their singleness (now that I reread that it sounds really bitter, but that is what I thought so I'm leaving it in). Well, that all changed the day Mark put an engagement ring on my finger. Since that Valentine's Day holds a special place in my heart (pun intended). As a result, I try to make it special for the kids. Our goal for the year is to simplify, so I wanted to make VDay simple and special at our house. Mark had to work all day yesterday so I 'celebrated' with a Valentine's breakfast.

I started with making pink pancakes - I wanted to make them red but just could NOT add that much red dye food coloring to my kids breakfast.


I made them in the shape of hearts and put chocolate chips in them.


And used cute dollar store plates with hearts on them


The kids were happy with them and the candy and small treats I left at the breakfast table




Here is Grace looking super cute in her shirt from Gran


I love this little girl SO much!



I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day with your loves!!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

We keep it simple for Valentines day too. I made Dmitry heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes but mine were pink too. I felt the same way about the food coloring so I just stopped :)

Anna said...

Yum...those pancakes look great! You are very clever to do those. My kids would love them.

Have to confess we don't really celebrate V/Day in our family...our anniversary is in a few weeks so we celebrate then.
And congratulations on your engagement anniversary too! Its a lovely photo of the 2 of you.


Anna

Melinda said...

How fun! You make me look like a bad Mama...I didn't do a single thing for V-day...not one little thing. I'll have to get on the ball for next year. Love the idea of pink pancakes (especially with chocolate chips!!)

Gardenia said...

that was an excellent idea. so cute those pancakes. and your girlie is a doll! your boys are too.