Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 4, 2010

one little word for 2010

I have been reading Ali Edwards blog for over a year now and love all her scrapbooking / storytelling ideas. One thing she does every year (well since 2007) is pick one word as her focus word of the year. You can read Ali's posts here and here on this topic. I love this idea and I picked a word last year - present, as in being continually present in my daily activities or with my kids. I did okay with it but lost focus about half way through the year.

I decided to pick a word again this year, and I chose simplify. To simplify means 'to make something less complicated and therefore easier to do'. And that is really what I want to do with my life and with my family right now. We have taken several steps as a family to simplify our home and our family. I am finding so much pleasure in trying to make our lives and home a little more simple (maybe even a little slower than before). With this in mind, Mark got me the book Simple Life: Time, Relationships, Money, God for Christmas and I am finding it really interesting.

I'll let you know how I do along the year.

3 comments:

Donna said...

ewwwwwww! Sounds very interesting! Keep me updated!


...and I need to go explore her blog...

Donna said...

Oh - and I LOVE your blog look! love it!

Gardenia said...

good word. excellent word, actually. I've read this too on others' blogs -- one blog had the word YES. Terr8 at what dreams may come chose unclutter. Hannah chose a good word too. I'm still thinking of what mine should/wil be.