Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Electronic Separation has begun


Mark and I have debated for a while getting the boys Leapsters or other hand held gaming devices because of the 'electronic separation' that occurs. We have older nephews and friends with kids older than ours (I mean really, most of our pre-children friends have kids now in High School, College or graduated from College) (which is what happens when you are 38 and 42 when you get your first child) and we have seen them tune out while playing games. We just weren't sure we were ready for that to happen. But we broke down and this year for Christmas the boys got Leapsters. And it is amazing how much they love to play with them.

This is a pretty typical scene at my house these days



But so far they still pay attention to us and each other.


And the Leapsters have given them a reason to be first time listeners when I request something, because they do NOT want to have them taken away!


2 comments:

Gardenia said...

I will have to check this out. i've heard of a leapster, but not quite sure what it does. I know it is a game but is it educational(i.e., teach letters or words or numbers). I'm going to go look them up. my first blush is I'd never get flower to look up at me EVER! :) cure pics of your boys.

Tina said...

Hi Anne! Nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have to say that I totally agree with you about the hand held games. I know what you mean about the ingulfing effect it can have on kids. We also debated about getting our Sara one because she is so drawn to them at our friends houses. We ultimately decided maybe next year, but I do like the idea about how they can help you have so leverage with disipline. I might have to reconsider :)