Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 7, 2014

november so far...

My camera is broken.  I'm so sad about it too. Grace pulled it off the counter and broke my zoom lens this summer.  Then a week later she pulled it off the stroller handle and the flash broke.  It's been a few months without my camera and I really miss it.  Even though my phone takes great pictures, I miss using a real camera.  Here are some recent-ish pictures of the kids.

This is how they dressed for their school pictures.  John said, 'They only photograph your top half so I'm wearing shorts on the bottom.'  Plus, he can't wear shorts to school starting on November 1st.


Our first fire of the season!   We've had some really strange weather and have only had one fire so far, but I'm going to have Mark build one tonight (even if I have to open up the windows).


The boys have been playing basketball after school.  Well, John plays basketball and Luke hangs from the backboard.  He wants to climb up on top and sit on top of the back board.  I hope he's not able to do that.


I got this picture from Grace's teacher today.  She attended a Veteran's Day Parade with her class.  I love getting pictures of her smiling during the day.  She goes to such an amazing school.



For the past three months I've been eating clean, which means (for me) eating real food without a lot of additives.  I'm also not eating sugar, grains or dairy.  I do this about 90% of the time and really love the way I feel.  I made this recipe this week, and it was amazing.  Even my boys ate it.

We can't stop listening to this song.  We love T Swift!

I'm slowly reading this book.  I usually have 3 or 4 books that I'm reading at a time.  I'm savoring this one in between bible study and our small group study book.  It is good.

My friend and I are going here soon.  I've wanted to try this for a while and finally found a friend who will go with me.  It's a little bit outside of my comfort zone but I can't wait to try it.

Because it is getting cold, I'm wishing I was here with my husband.  We dream of living at the beach and hope to make that a reality sooner rather than later.  But as the weather turns cold, I dream of going to exotic islands and swimming in clear blue waters with my sweetie.  I know that this will never happen right now, based on our season of life.  But I think dreaming keeps us alive and can ignite our souls.



Photobucket

No comments: