Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

day 14: keeping it real...

Today, is not going as planned.  So, I'm not writing the post I had originally scheduled for today on managing your schedule.  Instead, I'm going to regroup.  I'm going to pick up the stuff that somehow accumulated in 3 days on every surface in my house.  Below is a picture of the counter in my kitchen closest to the door we use from our garage.  Since we use this door to enter and leave the house, this counter becomes a catch all for everything.  And it seems to have quite a few things on it that don't even belong in the kitchen.  Can you see the blue bowl I mentioned in this post?



The kids had a three day weekend in honor of Columbus Day.  Side note: I taught my son John the old saying that I was taught 'Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492', as a way to remember for his history test.  He told me I was silly.  Anyway, somehow the order that I had achieved also had a 3 day weekend and my house needs some attention.  So, I thought I'd show you just how easy it is to fall behind if we don't have a place for everything and limit the stuff that comes into our house.

My kitchen table is also covered in pumpkins and paint from Saturday when we painted pumpkins in our pjs at 3:00PM.  Since we were not home for dinner on both Saturday and Sunday, I didn't need the table so I just left everything where it was.  Plus, I can't figure out where to put the painted pumpkins so it just seemed easier to leave everything on the table.  We ended up with 10 painted pumpkins so there's a lot of figuring out to do.



So, I'm keeping it real today and showing you my messes.  Does this ever happen to your house?  I'm off to restore order and balance, I'll be back tomorrow with a post on managing your schedule.
 

Hope you have an awesome Tuesday, which I thought was Monday when I woke up because my kids were home yesterday instead of being in school...

Photobucket

No comments: