Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31 days to more order...

For a while now, I've been thinking about what I want my little corner of the internet to be.  I have been blogging for almost ten years.  I started when we started our first adoption back in 2004 and have had a few iterations of blogs since then.  I love the process of blogging and of creating a scrapbook of my family and our life.  But lately, this blog had become a neglected part of my life and I've been filling it with inconsistent posting about our days as a family affected by special needs.

I had been feeling the desire to make this space more.  More than just a collection of pictures and stories about our crazy home life.  I have been feeling the desire to put more thought and intent into what was posted and shared.  I still want to share my family and how having a special needs child affects us but I want to be more intentional in what and how I share.

For the past 4 Octobers, I have been reading and enjoying the series of posts hosted by the nester called 31 days.  It is essentially I writing challenge, whereby the blogger (me) writes for 31 days on one topic.  It all started with just her and last year there were over 1,000 bloggers who joined in on the challenge.  It has become such a movement or trend that this year, they created a website for everyone to link up to with their topics.  You can check it out here (it looks like the links go live tonight after 8:00pm).  This year, I've decided I'm accepting this challenge.  I'm going to write every day in the month of October on one topic (Yikes!).  I think this is just the discipline I need to get back on track with writing and posting daily.

The topic I've chosen is; 31 days to more order.  This is not going to be an organizing series but rather a series of posts intended to make us think, ponder and act in such a way that we are gaining more order and therefore more balance in our lives.  Of course, I will be talking about organizing and giving tips on what works or doesn't work for me and our family.  I'm going to focus on three main areas of our lives in this series; our spaces, then move onto our selves and then finish with our schedules.

Starting tomorrow, I will be posting all of my topics in one post so that there is one place to look for the entire series.  Follow this link to the post that has all the links to all the topics in this series.  I will also admit, I'm a little intimidated by this challenge.  But ultimately I think doing things that stretch us and make us uncomfortable is a good thing.  It is how we grow, change and develop into the people God created us to be.  And right now, I'm in need of more order in a few places of my life.  Won't you join me for this series?



What is one area in your life that is most in need of order or balance?  Let me know in the comments.
 
Also, are you linking up with the nester this year?  If so, let me know in the comments.  I'd love to read your 31 days series.  There are so many amazing topics and series to read, I always learn so much. 



Photobucket

No comments: