Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

grace's favorite video...

We love music in our house.  And sister especially loves music.  For a completely non-verbal person, Grace is surprisingly musical.  She loves to hum or clap along to songs and has even been known to imitate word sounds to certain songs.  She has perfect rhythm.  Her very favorite song for a very long time (much to MY dismay) was Baby by Justin Bieber.  I mean really.  Thankfully, I have been able to influence her more towards my alternative and rock tastes.  But we do really try and listen to all kinds of music because she loves it so much.

One of the boys favorite things to do is watch music videos online.  I like to bore them with stories of how I remember when music videos first started and I had to watch them on TV since personal computers didn't really exist in the stone ages when I was growing up.  I can seriously see their eyes glaze over as I recount the early days of MTV.  Anyway...

Grace loves to watch the videos with the boys.  I think part of it is that they all huddle really close to the laptop and she just loves to be around them.  But also, the music just makes her happy.  One of her current favorite videos is not really because of the song so much but because it is a tap dance routine to a song.  And the only thing sister likes more than music is making noise by banging things together to a rhythm.  So we have been watching this video over and over and over and over...




I'm not sure where I originally saw this video but I love it!  We may or may not be personally responsible for getting this video over 1 million views, since we have watched it multiple times a day in the past two weeks.  I admit creeping Christopher Rice on line a little but I think he is so talented and I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with seeing what happens to his career from this video.

Anyway, check it out and let us know what you think of Grace's favorite video...

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is too cool! I can't wait to show Sophie now! I think you need to post a little video of Grace listening to the music she loves!