Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

turning the page

I used to work with a woman who would practically shriek with excitement every time she came into work and got to turn the page on her calendar.  It made me roll my eyes every.time she did it.  every time.  I was always thinking if you are so excited to see what the new month's picture is, why don't you just look ahead of time. 

But today, I had some of that optimism in me when I turned the page on our family calendar.  I didn't shriek with excitement about the pictures.  Since I made the calendar using family photos and I knew what the pictures were going to be, but I was excited about the prospect of a new month.  And a tad bit shocked that January was gone so quickly.

February decided to show off today.  I can't remember the last time we had weather in the 60's in February, I guess I could look it up but I'm too tired and I'm afraid I'll get distracted by something and not ever come back and finish this post.  So I'll just say I can't remember the last time...



The 'little kids' and I had to pick John up from school today as today was his first Lego Club.  It is part of an after school enrichment program and meets every Wednesday for the next 6 weeks.  He was excited but a little nervous to start it.  His biggest concern was that he wasn't sure he would know anyone.  As it turns out my friend Judy's son is in the club with him, so I'm hoping it will give me an excuse to see her.


The pick up line was WAY long and so we had some time to kill.  Spiderman Luke climbed up through the sun roof and then ordered me to start driving.  It took a while to convince him that 1) I couldn't go anywhere because I was in line to get John and 2) I wasn't going to drive with him hanging his head out the sun roof, he would have to wait for prom or some other event to do that.

Luke got bored so he started taking random pictures with my camera.  He usually pretends he is Peter Parker but today since he was dressed as Spiderman and didn't have anything on under his costume he had to settle for taking the pictures as Spiderman.


I think our string of nice days may be behind us, but it has been a nice break from the usual winter doldrums to see all this sun.  

The other day when the mail came, Luke had a letter from Spiderman.  Mark's sister Melanie and her husband Mike sent Luke a Spiderman pendant with his name on it and a note that was from 'Spiderman'.  I wish I had taken a picture of his face when I read him the note.  He actually believed that it was from the real Spiderman.   He was so excited about it that he had to wear it to school to show all his friends. 





I was going to write more about what I'm looking forward too in the month of February, but there is a certain little girl who seems to be out of her bed right now.  The other night the closet door in her room was left open just a little bit and when I went to check on her, I found her sleeping on the floor on top of a pile of stuff she had taken out of her closet (hello, run on sentence).  So I'm going to sign off for now and go check out my girl.

Happy February to you!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Hannah said...

It's funny, usually I am so excited when February 1st rolls around. This year I didn't even notice. January is usually a killer for me...but it's been better this year.

Love the spider man in the pick up line :)

Gardenia said...

our weather has been above normal too. I think that's happening in lot of places this winter. yes, january flew by. how sweet that letter from your sister, i mean spiderman. and the special pendant, too. my just turned five year old will not sleep in her bed...loves the floor, the hallway, under the bed, etc. must be a five year old thing.