Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, December 31, 2011

goodbye december and 2011

As we get ready to bid goodbye to 2011, I wanted to do one final december post.  I love {love} all the year in review, photo review and best posts of the year review posts.  Unfortunately, I don't think I have it in me to do that today.  So my year in review post may follow later in the week, or not.

We have done some fun family stuff in the past few weeks and I wanted to make sure I noted it all here on the blog.  Since this has really become my family scrapbook.

Luke has his Christmas party on the 23rd and I was so happy to be a part of planning and organizing it.  I love doing homeroom mom stuff (it's okay to call me a dork!). 

Here he is decorating his goody bag.


Another craft was to decorate a wooden ornament, tree or star.  Luke immediately picked up the ornament and began coloring it.  There should be NO surprise as to what he decorated it to look like...


Here he is with Mrs. M his kindergarten teacher.  I can't say enough great things about her.  We love her!!


This week we met our small group and went bowling.  It was the kids first time bowling and they had a blast.  I haven't been in so long I can't remember the last time I bowled.  It was a really fun time!  I kept Grace in her stroller the whole time we bowled.  I felt really bad about it but it just isn't safe to have her walking around in that environment.   It was exceptionally hard to get good pictures inside the bowling alley.  But here are a few...




The highlight of the boys Christmas vacation may very well be dog sitting my parents dog.  They LOVE Sam The Dog.  She came and stayed overnight on Wednesday and I must say it was fun having a dog in the house.  I grew up with a dog and really love dogs.  I'm just not ready to commit to becoming a dog parent right now.  However, we are seriously contemplating a therapy dog for Grace.  I just need to do some research on it.  Sam is a really good girl and seemed to enjoy her stay with us.





Mark had to go back to work on Thursday and so yesterday we went to Longwood Gardens with friends.  It was a great day to be outside and the boys got to run around for a few hours. 




And that's a wrap on our last few weeks of December.  Mark is working tonight, so I am taking the kids to our friends house for a New Year's Eve party.  I'm really looking forward to hanging out with friends and eating lots of yummy food.  I am also looking forward to spending some time reflecting on 2011 and planning for an awesome 2012.

I pray that 2011 has been a good year for you and that you find yourself looking expectantly towards 2012.  That you were able to recognize the blessings that God has placed in your life, that you have triumphed where you didn't know that you could and that you have loved well those that God has placed in your life.  I will leave you with one of my favorite blessings in the bible.  It is a blessing given by the priests to the Israelites and is found in Numbers 6:24 - 26 (I added the word may);

May the LORD bless you
   and keep you;
 May the LORD make his face shine on you
   and be gracious to you;
 May the LORD turn his face toward you
   and give you peace.


Photobucket

1 comment:

noreen said...

Happy New Year Anne! I can tell how much your boys loved watching Sam!! It may be in your near future!!