Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 17, 2011

signs of the season

I think daylight savings time is a great idea in theory.  However, I am surprised by how hard it is on my family every year.  My kids just need their sleep.  They are typically in bed every night by 7:30 and sleep until 7:00 when they have to get up for school.  So this week was hard when we changed the clocks.  But now that a few days have gone by, I'm loving that is it light later! 

Today and tomorrow are supposed to be quite Spring / Summer like in terms of temperatures.  Which makes me squeal with delight.  I love warmer weather and I love wearing my flip flops.  In fact, I broke them out today and even painted my toes.


The boys just love this jeep.  We got it for them 3 years ago and it has gotten a LOT of use.  John is almost too tall for it now, his knees hit the steering wheel.  But he loves driving.  It is one sure sign that Spring is almost here.


And Luke loves to be driven around.  This picture made me think of two little old men driving around together.


Grace walks around the cul-de-sac after them.  She hates being in the jeep and will not sit down so she just shadows them (get it?).

She just can't catch them, no matter how fast she walks.  It is really funny when all the kids are driving around in their cars and jeeps - Grace starts following and then gets lapped and ends up in the lead. 


Another sign of the change in season is we have more air traffic around our house.  We live by a small airfield and see planes year round.  But the warmer weather brings out twice as many.



I wish the warm weather was here to stay but it will be gone by Saturday and so will I be.  Actually, I'm headed out of town tomorrow for a Women's Retreat with my church.  To say that I'm excited would be an understatement.  I have never gone on a retreat like this before, so I'm looking forward to three days of fellowship, prayer, study and alone time.  I've had the privilege of working as a part of the planning team, so I know that it will be an awesome spirit filled time.  I'm so happy that my husband is not only capable of watching the kids while I'm gone, but that he encourages me to go.  I'll sure miss these guys while I'm gone...



But I'm still going.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Spring makes me giddy. Seriously, giddy! Hope you have a wonderful time at your retreat! Sounds heavenly!!