Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall Fun - Leaves

I just wanted to make sure that anyone reading the post below this one, Amsterdam International, knows that I am not the author of that post.  I re-posted it with permission of the author because it rang so true to me, a mom of a special needs child.  Please visit Dana's blog to read more about her journey.

 *********************************

We live in a new-ish development.  By that I mean, the oldest houses are six years old and the newest are four years old.  We moved into our home 3 1/2 years ago and it was 1 1/2 years new when we bought it.  We loved it then and we love it now.  However, one of the problems of living in a fairly new development is the lack of trees.  And that means that not only are there very few trees to climb, something my monkey second son likes to do.








 It also means that there are very few leaves to jump in.
John was determined to jump into leaves yesterday.  
So, he got the rake out and went into the center area of our cul-de-sac and raked,


And raked...


This was his pile of leaves when he was done...


And then, he did what he set out to do


He jumped in them




I wish I had gotten a picture of his smile.  It was huge.  He loved it.  That puny little pile of leaves and he loved it.  I'm sure there is a life lesson in there somewhere :)

And just because she is uber-cute, Grace enjoying the fresh air.  


And one more, watching every move he made.



I'm linking up to Hannah's FFF blog series.  Please go to her blog and check out all the FFF posts!  Have a great weekend everyone.

6 comments:

Anna said...

These are great photos and I love his pile of leaves:) So cute and glad he had fun jumping in them. Its a beautiful time of year when the leaves are changing colour.

Anna

Hannah said...

Those are great pictures. I love the little bit of sun flare peaking out from the top picture.

I love gigantic pile of leaves :) That is awesome. Have a great weekend!

Kim & Dave said...

I thought you were going to say he broke his leg when he jumped in it! (from lack of padding!)

Glad that wasn't the end of your story!!

I love Grace's look as she watches him!!

Melinda said...

Your son is totally adorable! And it made me laugh out loud!! Best post I've read today :-)

Gardenia said...

don't you love this time of year. great photos.

Unknown said...

Oh if I had known this I would of had you guys over to play in our yard weeks ago! We have an abundance of leaves and are more than happy to share with all! (seriously...wanna take some home??) Come over anytime to play ....even if we aren't home! Just jump in and enjoy! :)